Sunday, January 13, 2008

Thai Pork With Peanut Sauce

I was searching for something a bit different to make in my crockpot besides the stereotypical pot roast or pulled pork. I ran across this recipe in a cookbook that I have owned for awhile but haven't had time to use yet. Overall, it turned out pretty well and I would make it again.



Thai Pork With Peanut Sauce (From Not Your Mothers Slowcooker Cookbook)

Note: I doubled this recipe except for the peanut butter because I had a 4lb roast instead of the 2lb it originally called for.

Ingredients:
1 4lb boneless pork loin (you can really use any pork you want)
1 bag of frozen pepper strips
1 bag zucchini
2/3 cup teriyaki sauce
4 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tea red pepper flakes (I added a bit more to make it hotter)
4 cloves garlic
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup green onion

Directions:
1. Coat the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Put the pork, bell peppers, zucchini, teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, and garlic into the cooker. Cover and put on LOW for 8-9 hours.
2. Remove the pork from the slow cooker when finished and coarsely chop. Add the peanut butter and blend until dissolved. Return the pork to the sauce and toss to coat. Add in green onion.
3. Serve over rice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my crock pot is going but I'm wondering why I coated the crockpot with spray?

Tanya said...

My crock-pot is nonstick and I haven't had anything ever stick to the bottom before. However, I did follow the recipe exactly and spray it though. Better safe then sorry I guess. It probably wont stick though. I am guessing you could probably skip that step in the future.

Anonymous said...

It turned out great! I doubled the pepper and garlic, because we have a pepper an garlic problem here. Thanks again for the inspiration.

Tanya said...

Brit - I am glad it turned out well for you. I think adding more pepper would make it really great. We like our food really spicy too!

Cute avatar picture btw!