Sunday, March 2, 2008

Mee Goreng

Many days of the week I end up cooking a "semi-homemade" kind of meal. I have some pre-made sauce or curry and then I just add veggie and meat and serve with rice or noodles. This time, I found this delicious Mee Goreng sauce at Ranch 99. Me Goreng is an Indian dish that you can find at many Malaysian restaurants. Its usually a wok-fried noodle dish with shrimp, tofu, and veggies. I made mine with rice noodles but egg noodles are more traditional. I also used shrimp, veggies, and egg.



Mee Goreng

Ingredients:
1 jar Mee Goreng Sauce
1/2 lb rice or egg noodles
1 package mixed stir fry veggies (as many as you want)
2 eggs
1 lb shrimp
olive oil

Directions:
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to wok and heat at medium heat. Once hot, add shrimp and cook until just pink. Remove from pan.
- Add 1/2 tablesoon oil to wok and heat. Beat eggs and cook in wok. Remove when cooked.
- Cook rice noodles according to package.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to wok and heat. Cook veggies until just tender. Remove and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to wok and heat. Add rice noodles and Me Goreng sauce. Stir fry for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp, eggs, and veggies to noodles and cook until warm (1-2 minutes).
- Serve!

Note: I used a stir fry veggie mixture with carrots, broccoli, and snow peas.

No comments: