Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Turkey and Broccoli Casserole

My MIL makes an awesome Chicken and Broccoli casserole, so I asked her for the recipe. I made a couple modifications to it so its a bit different then hers, but I think thats a good thing. I don't think I could ever make it exactly like she does, so we'll just have to visit more often to have the real deal.



Turkey and Broccoli Casserole

Ingredients:
2 10 oz packages frozen broccoli cooked and drained/ or fresh steamed
2 or more cups of cooked turkey (or chicken)
2 can cream of broccoli soup undiluted
2/3 cup sour cream (you can use mayo, but I detest it)
1 teaspoon lemon juice (I skipped this since I used sour cream, but add if you use mayo)
1 teaspoon curry (add more to taste)
1/2 cup grated Cheddar or more

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place broccoli in the shallow baking pan, cover with chicken. Combine in a
bowl soup, mayo lemon and curry, mix together. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 25 to 30 minutes (until bubbly).

No comments: