Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cornish Game Hens

I've never made cornish game hens before, but when they went on sale at my local grocery store, I thought I would give them a try. With little effort, I had a delicious dinner.



Singaporean Style Cornish Game Hens (by: me!)

Ingredients:
2 cornish game hens
olive oil (~2 tablespoons)
4 tablespoons Singapore Seasoning
2/3 cup white wine
2/3 cup chicken broth
salt to taste

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rub olive oil on each hen to coat.
- Season each hen w/ 2 tablespoons Singapore seasoning (give them a good dusting.. press to get the seasonings to stick).
- Bake in 450 degree oven for 25 minutes (shorten if skin begins to burn). Remove from oven.
- Lower heat to 350 degrees.
- Combine wine and broth in a bowl and pour on top of both game hens.
- Put back into oven for another 25 minutes or longer (until broth runs clear and hen is fully cooked)

I found that one cornish game hen was enough for two people. Serve with your choice of sides. Enjoy!

No comments: