This cajun seafood pasta was really good and its also somewhat healthy. I had enough for 3 dinners (for 2 people) out of this recipe. The leftovers tasted just as good!
Cajun Seafood Pasta (Adapted from allrecipes.com)
- Combine peeled shrimp, scallops, oil, and Cajun seasoning in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat in a large frying pan. Cook and stir mushrooms, red pepper, and shallot in butter until tender. Remove from pan. Add shrimp and scallops cook until the shrimp turn pink about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from pan. Add 1 cup wine to pan, and bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until reduced to 1/2 cup (2 to 3 minutes).
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream and cornstarch; mix in vegetable broth. Stir into reduced wine in the frying pan.
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in shrimp, mushroom/pepper mixture. Heat through, and season to taste. (I added more cajun seasoning at this point..). Serve over pasta.